Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Diva of Data

Currently at my job I'm working on the following projects:
  • Entering 900 names into our database over a period of 8 days.
  • Cleaning said database while doing the data entry
  • Creating year-end reports from data that was entered into the database by someone other than me, and didn't organize it in a very user-friendly format best I can tell
  • Contemplated how we could improve the database so I could easily pull the reports next year. (At one point today a co-worker thought my head was about to spin around a la The Exorcist)
  • Creating a spreadsheet that contains 120 months worth of data over a period of 3 days
So then I come home and try to figure out our summer vacation plans. Which involves traveling to baseball games in as many states as possible over a short period of time.

Pardon me while my head explodes.

4 Comments:

Blogger kaphine said...

Hey--I'm pretty good at manipulating databases, if you wanna bounce thoughts off me. Although, I understand that sometimes it's a non-verbal, just gotta get in there and figure it out yourself kinda thing. Anyway. I'm good at it, and I'm a resource if you want it. Love ya. Don't explode.

6:08 AM  
Blogger tommyspoon said...

I offer my services to aid in your journey to the D.C. area.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

I second the offer of help on the database - one of my specialties. Also, if you and the mister find yourselves in Ohio on your travels (I seem to recall that TRP still needs a visit to the Great American Ballpark in Cincy), we'd be glad to have you at our place.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Shannin said...

If you come to the Great White North (aka Minneapolis), you better let me know!

I hear you on data manipulation. Sometimes you get so deep into it you start dreaming about it. Ugh.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home